Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another publisher for consideration.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, or Microsoft Word file format, and it is completely anonymized, including the file name and the main text.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- As a result of our time efficiency policy, the Turkish Journal of Sense of Place and Urban Studies (TJSOP) do not require authors to adhere to a standardized template while submitting their manuscripts!
- The authors must follow APA7 Style for in-text citations and references.
- The manuscript should follow a systematic approach for headings and general format, which a reader can easily identify.
- All of the text should be single-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point.
- Authors should use italics to emphasize instead of quotation marks.
- Any direct quotations of more than 40 words should be indented and written in single-spaced, Times New Roman, 10-point.
- Submissions to the Articles section go under the process of the rigorous double-blind peer review process by expert researchers, which means neither the reviewers nor the authors know each other's identities.
- All of the submissions to the TJSOP must be original work that is not published before or under the evaluation of another Journal at the time of submission.
- TJSOP follows COPE's (The Committee on Publication Ethics) authorship guidelines and policies to prevent ethical violations. Please refer to the linked documents should you need them.
- TJSOP strictly monitors the submissions through iThenticate Plagiarism Software upon their receipt to the system. The Journal reserves the right to desk-reject or reject plagiarized manuscripts at any review stage. TJSOP also reserves the right to notify the authors' institutions upon plagiarism detection.
- The submitted manuscripts should not exceed 8,000 words, including all of the components (the title, abstract, keywords, main text, footnotes, tables, figures, and references), and should not be less than 4,000 words.
- The unstructured abstracts should not exceed 200 words and only be provided the main language of the submission.
The Turkish Journal of Sense of Place and Urban Studies invites book reviews for recently published or previously highly-regarded books in the field of sense of place and urban studies.
Book reviews should not exceed 5,000 words and will be subject to a double-blind peer review process. The goal of this section is to provide thoughtful and informed analysis of the latest books in the field and to encourage scholarly discussion and exchange.
To submit a book review, please use the OJS portal.
Book review submissions should follow the journal's formatting and citation guidelines, and should be free of any plagiarism or self-plagiarism.
The Turkish Journal of Sense of Place and Urban Studies is committed to providing a fair, rigorous, and transparent review process, and to ensuring that book reviews are of high quality and of interest to our readers.
The Turkish Journal of Sense of Place and Urban Studies invites submissions of interviews with well-known researchers in the field of sense of place and urban studies.
Interviews should be conducted with scholars from the fields of geography, sociology, political science, urban planning, and architecture who are known for their contributions to the field. The interviews will be reviewed by the Editors for quality and relevance, but will not be subject to a peer-review process.
To submit an interview, please prepare the following materials: -A brief biography of the interviewee and their research background -The transcript of the interview -A short introduction to the interview as abstract (500 words maximum).
Submissions should be made through the journal's OJS portal, and should follow the journal's formatting and citation guidelines.
The Turkish Journal of Sense of Place and Urban Studies is committed to publishing high-quality interviews that provide valuable insights and perspectives to our readers and contribute to the advancement of the field of sense of place and urban studies.
TJSOP authors retain the copyright over their work and license it to the general public under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial License International (CC BY-NC 4.0). This license allows for non-commercial use, reproduction, and adaption of the material in any medium or format, with proper attribution (see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode - human-readable summary at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
TJSOP authors also agree that their submission is an original work that is not plagiarized, is not published elsewhere, and is not under consideration or review by another publisher. The authors agree that they are responsible for all of their comments and ideas shared throughout the manuscripts, and in case of any legal conflict, the TJSOP will not be held accountable.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.